Gill Gray, Paul Voorend and Jamie MacKay got themselves down to Christchurch, over the passes, through the torrential rain & sleet to battle the elements and have a great time in a newly launched 5 Passes. Have a chat to them, the competition was hot, the people great and the views stunning.
Gill came away adorned in a bunch of new leaders jerseys, Paul with enhanced climbing skills and Jamie added a decent few cms to his quads (time on the front!) – a nice set of Xmas presents to be used in 2019.
We asked for them to sum up the event in a few words (censored for print of course), here’s the result;
- Racing; Fast, Brutal, Competitive, Tough and Clicky, with some nice people !
- Wind; 100km side winds, Head winds & Tail winds
- Weather; Hot sun 28 degrees & Sleet (not at the same time)
- Location; Epic views when you could see them, Good roads & Great climbs
- Organisation; Slick, great volunteers, Great food, good help / package for out of towners - good mechanic to help set up and pack down & a shuttle to and from airport
“Would you do it again ?” - Hell yeah, but next time I’m going back with a team and we’re going to work them over !!!
Bring it on. 5 Passes