Te Marua via Eastern Hutt
No route loaded
Te Marua via Eastern Hutt - 93km
- Down Onslow Road, riding slowly along to Ngauranga to regroup.
- There's a short cycle on the Ngauranga lights, so pull up close and don't muck around getting started.
- Single file from Ngauranga to Petone and on the bridge that takes us over the Hutt River.
- At Taita look out for the corner where the left-hand line goes to the left and the right-hand line to the right of a traffic island.
- At the end of Eastern Hutt Drive, we stay in the right-hand lane along Fergusson Drive before again turning right into Silverstream.
- Head to Brown Owl, regrouping for a toilet stop a couple of km up the Akatarawa Road.
- Turn right off Akatarawa Road into Gemstone Drive, which becomes Topaz St, before turning left back onto SH2.
- Turn right at Te Marua, riding through Maymorn and Whitemans Valley.
- Regroup and toilet stop in Slverstream after going down the Blue Mountains.
- Watch the area on SH2 just after Silverstream. Go single file and leave big gaps. This has been a black spot for us.
- Just North of the Melling intersection exit SH2 by taking the first left at Block Road and rejoin SH2 at the Petone overbridge.